Sunday, January 10, 2010

Before I'm 50

While organizing my cedar chest , I came across something that I wrote and dated July 19, 1971. I was 14 at the time. It has the rather undignified title of "Stuff I Want To Do Before I'm 50". I'm now 52, and I'm so glad to say that I have accomplished every item on the list:

  • Be loved by all my friends
  • Get a degree
  • Marriage and motherhood
  • Have my own business
  • Get my own place and have it decorated the way I want it
  • Trace my family tree
  • Go to Paris
  • Write a book
  • Be on TV
  • Be in the newspaper
  • Meet someone famous (I'm not sure why this was a goal for me back then)

    I had forgotten about this paper, but I never forgot my goals. In some ways, they ran into each other. Tracing my family tree lead to my becoming president of the United Empire Loyalists' Association. That lead to my having dinner with Prince Philip (it was not all it was cracked up to be!)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment